- DONATE NOW -
- OUR HELPLINE -
- SUICIDE HOTLINE -
Help is immediately available. If you (or someone you know) are feeling suicidal, call 1-800-273-TALK or 1-888-628-9454 for Spanish-speaking callers.
- #IAMSTIGMAFREE -
If you or someone you know is struggling, you are not alone. We offer two types of support groups. For individuals who live with mental health conditions visit one of our two Connection Recovery Support Groups. For family members or friends of individuals who live with mental health conditions visit one of our four Family Support Groups.
Here are some things to consider when reaching out:
- If it’s an emergency in which you or someone you know is suicidal, you should immediately call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, call 911 or go to a hospital emergency room.
- If you can wait a few days, make an appointment with your primary healthcare provider or pediatrician if you think your condition is mild to moderate.
- If your symptoms are moderate to severe, make an appointment with a specialized doctor such as a psychiatrist. You may need to contact your community mental health center or primary health care provider for a referral.
- If you or your child is in school or at college, contact the school and ask about their support services.
- Seek out support groups in your community and educate yourself about your symptoms and diagnosis. Social support and knowledge can be valuable tools for coping.
BECOME A MEMBER
GET IN TOUCH
- LIKE US ON FACEBOOK -
- MISSION STATEMENT -
The mission of NAMI Jacksonville is to support and improve the quality of life for family members and those living with mental illnesses and co-occurring substance abuse through compassion, education, and advocacy.
- SUPPORT -
To provide support for each other and share the experiences of having a loved one who has a mental illness
To provide input from family members when decisions are made about the care and treatment of loved ones and when decisions are made that affect the mental health care system in general