NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group is a free, peer-led support group for adults living with mental illness. You will gain insight from hearing the challenges and successes of others, and the groups are led by NAMI-trained facilitators who’ve been there.
NAMI’s Support Groups are unique because they follow a structured model to ensure you and others in the group have an opportunity to be heard and to get what you need. The groups meet on a bi-weekly, weekly or monthly basis.
What You’ll Gain
By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you gain hope and develop relationships. The group encourages empathy, productive discussion and a sense of community.
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group will help you:
- See the individual first, not the illness
- Recognize that mental illnesses are medical illnesses that may have environmental triggers
- Understand that mental illnesses are traumatic events
- Aim for better coping skills
- Find strength in sharing experiences
- Reject stigma and not tolerate discrimination
- Not judge anyone’s pain
- Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
- Embrace humor as healthy
- Accept that we cannot solve every problem
- Work for a better future in a realistic way
River Point Behavioral (6300 Beach Blvd / Outpatient Building). The final meeting of the River Point Connection group will be held December 7th, 2017. After that, the group will be combined with the Connection group held at the Winston YMCA.
Orange Park Medical Center (2001 Kingsley Ave / Classroom 1 on first floor) Support group meets 1st and 3rd Tuesdays from 6-730PM.
Winston Family YMCA (221 Riverside Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32202) the first and third Monday of each month from 7-8:30pm in the Healthy Living Center.