NAMI Jax is a grassroots movement, created and led by volunteers who are committed to carrying out its mission of educating, advocating for, and supporting persons living with mental illnesses and their families. NAMI Jax offers the understanding that only those with the lived experience of mental illness can provide. Simply put, without our awesome volunteers our mission not get accomplished.
Here are some of the ways you can get involved:
- Become a NAMI program trainer so you can teach a class or run a support group
- Volunteer on the NAMI HelpLine
- Join or create a NAMI On Campus club at your university
- Implement one of NAMI's free community outreach programs such as Say It Out Loud, Sharing Hope or NAMI FaithNet
- Raise awareness during Mental Health Month, Mental Illness Awareness Week, National Minority Mental Health Month and Suicide Prevention Awareness Month
Volunteering to help NAMI Jax does not require a life killing commitment of time - a little bit very day or week goes a long way!
We currently are in need of volunteers in these important areas:
Membership committee - oversees the NAMI 360 data base system that is used to manage membership enrollment and renewals. An additional role is to oversee efforts to increase NAMI Jax membership in general.
Communications program - manages the NAMI Jax website, social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and our printed materials (newsletter, brochures, etc.)
Volunteers program - responsible for recruiting and organizing individuals who are interested in supporting NAMI Jax with the gift of time.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com.